Call our office at 847-735-8554 to inquire about the following ways to work with Citadel.
Instructors for Youth Acting Classes
Currently seeking instructors with specialties in Directing/Actor Coaching and Music Directing to join the 2016/2017 in-house faculty for its youth theatre classes. Looking for flexible, self-motivated, responsible, and positive individuals who work well with school-aged children and communicate effectively with parents and Citadel Theatre staff. Ideal candidates are local to Lake Forest, IL or surrounding suburbs.
Candidates are encouraged to visit our website and review our course offerings. http://citadeltheatre.org/
- Must have a bachelor's degree or higher in theatre, dance, music, or similar training.
- Previous experience preparing children for theatre performance ages 5yr-17yr, particularly age groups 5-7yrs and 11-15yrs
- Must be able to help in other areas of theatre production such as costuming, hair and makeup, lighting, etc.
- Must be available Sundays when courses are offered, September 2016-April 2017.
- Must have reliable transportation to Lake Forest Recreation Center and to Citadel Theatre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing students for end-of-semester performances through creation and implementation of a production schedule.
- Will be responsible for creating weekly lesson plans as well as weekly class update e-mails to parents.
- Instructor will be in charge of guiding his or her teaching assistant; giving him or her responsibilities in order to maximize class time.
- Uphold the Mission, Vision, and Values of Citadel Theatre Education
Citadel has need of interns to support and learn from our operations. Currently we are looking for individuals with skill recording and editing video, with social media acumen, or with interest/skills applicable to theatre production.
Internships in the Education department offer:
- Fall and Spring term internships ranging from 26-72 hours (Paid)
- Summer term internships--100+ hours (Paid or option for school credit)
- Interns learn and work alongside theatre performance and education professionals
- Immediate hands-on skill learning. Our interns work with our students (grades K-12) in the education courses we offer throughout the year from day one.
- Interns gain knowledge and experience that crosses over many fields of interest including, but not limited to: education, early childhood development, arts administration, theatrical production, and technical theatre
IMPORTANT DATES and DEADLINES:
- Fall term (Sept.-Dec.) application deadline to submit is June 30th, phone interviews for selected candidates will be conducted in July. In-person interviews for those selected will be conducted mid August and final decisions are made on or before September 1st.
- Spring term (Jan.-April) application deadline to submit is October 31st **For Spring term 2016 internships, the deadline to submit is November 20th, 2015**. phone interviews for selected candidates will be conducted in November. In-person interviews for those selected will be conducted at the beginning of December and final decisions are made on or before December 20th.
- Summer term (Jun-July) application deadline to submit is March 15th, phone interviews for selected candidates will be conducted in April. In-person interviews for those selected will be conducted at the beginning of May and final decisions are made on or before May 9th.
- Mandatory summer term orientation is May 15,
How to apply:
1. Fill out the application at this link: http://goo.gl/forms/u4S7XYTt7g
3. 1 letter of recommendation that speaks toward your capacity to be reliable and work well in a fast-paced environment and/or your capacity to work well with children of any age between K-12.
Please submit electronic versions of your resume and letter of recommendation to EmilyR@citadeltheatre.org on or before the deadline for the internship term you'd like to apply. In the subject line, please label it "intern" and the semester and year you are applying for. Example: "Intern Summer 2016"
QUESTIONS? Call or email Kevin 847 735 8554 x2 or Kevins@citadeltheatre.org
Volunteer Grant Writer
Citadel is looking for a part-time volunteer to assist our managing director in researching and writing applications and appeals for grant funding.